Skip to main content

Landoff

Great.
Wow.
Great.
The machine had collapsed. Of course, if Nimni really wanted to exhaust it so, that is  how it would respond.
Ah. Five years of effort. Aditya had worked endlessly for results.

"Gautam, get us the toothpicks for the Harmonizer", Adi sighed. "See how pretty Landoff looks when we're done with her? You couldn't have anything more go haywire. Not that you would want it to but.." Adi could not speak further, he had run out of words.

"It wasn't a pleasant ending, at any rate," he concluded after a few moments, casting an exhausted glare at  Nimni.

"Hah, that's you signing off, at any rate, isn't it?" Nimni gnarled.

"That's probably the end. We won't have another A.I. for ..how long? From my side it's ten years." Aditya responded.

"Well, she wasn't remarkable", said Indira matter-of-factly. "We worked on her Natural Language Processing for months, and well, she wouldn't respond. The funny part was that Lan understood our conversations, because she would move away when there was a need, and appear on the scene based on some recollection. But we wanted her to speak."

"Does that really show that she lacked a skill? I've worked on communicating with her through Lan's most detached days to the point where she was more sound than most humans, and what I realised was that we don't really need a language as long as we understand each other. I would call her a great success." Kavia said.

"Well, we wanted her to speak, didn't we? Why would Adi have involved me, otherwise? Don't you see..."

"That seals it, girls. Stop there. We have to work on reviving the Harmonizer, which needs to be a red taut skin with an amplifier inside, with the voice boxes running on electrical impulses in its ThoughtHouse. Kishore would like to have a look at it," said Gautam.

"So we're not nowhere," Aditya smiled.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still

A landscape of feathers The smoothest natural canvas, For Nature's painter- Alighting while parading its beauty Before retreating  Into a well-worn easel. Soot-black, rust-grey, brown like tinsel, Folding up and pulling down the covers Over grace, beauty and space, Compounded with distance, Rendering known unknowns, beautiful art. Now mingled with unknown knowns, Streaks of color paint the marauded canvas Differently. Camouflage seems eminent, Unimportance, inadvertent. The marvels Of the aerial world, beget stupor as  They transform into the pedestrian In the realm which is terrestrial. The miracle of flight now a bane, As for food they must forage  With feet, not fly with feathers. I don't want to startle them. It is silence that beckons them to the ground. Startlement stirs them upwards, into the skies, Simpering, whimpering, not soaring and diving- Trespassers on a land where they are weak, Vulnerable- they know they can't win. Aviation is a weapon futile against...

The Tree Says 'Hi'

  The tree says Hi! My balcony was briefly an arboretum. Windswept leaves splayed over the floor  Like champion specimens -parts of a fine species- Careening into a welcoming sanctum That is otherwise empty- save for clothes on stands Or people on feet. When this tree paid its timely visit Luckily, there was nothing, no-one. It probably seized A rare chance- when it was out of anchor, fit and fine, In form- and the tiled floor bare. No sign of occupation. It bore its way past the metal rails that serve to Prevent our falls, but here cushioned the tree's. It rested its somber branches easily on the rail, Which is mighty strong and sturdy, as I can now discern. It snooped its slender branches threateningly over A cauldron of leaves. Green cauldron, green sorcerer. When I woke, there it was, unshakeable, unmovable. Oh, it was mobile alright. It'd have moved of its own will. It was merely enjoying its soiree in a forbidden land, Like we all do. But it just stared at me, with compo...

Clandestine

Sometimes we wait too long, To speak our minds. We let lingering truths linger, We let sporadic clocks, chime.. We allow patient seams to fritter away Like a sparrow does with the timber of the tune That she was shrouded by; shrill words tearing  Ears, each word she utters, careful, today. While the first day it was a free reign, until Some unctuous winds carried to her, criticism. Just the same way as copper utensils in a house Of steel, are anyone's delight, until bronzed,  With wear and use, both are the victims Of sundry needs and glances. Just the same way, some things, Are stowed away in careful pockets Because they have borne a lot of perusing When kept in the open.  Like love. Like hurt. Like envy. Like silence. Trust and truth are two things I can list, That are given, that are l'habitude. I tell the truth because it is, it exists, It is what I perceive, it is what I've lived.. And I keep your trust, because I've learnt That it'll help you keep mine, it wil...