Skip to main content

The Young Teacher

Look at that young one there, frolicking without a care,
Pirouetting through tunnels of chores to the Cove of Pleasure.
Basking in the sunlight that casts but a glint on the Lustrous Lake.
Fingering the ferns in the Forest of Foes, all easy and ready for combat.
Look at that young one, standing joyous and free, 
With self-advancement as first priority. 

Look at that young one, wishing to tough it out in the Cavern of Opportunities,
Wishing to wear off the 'I'm home' look and on the fine brink of success.
Her lifelong dream, like a subconscious strain, was to clasp that Torch of Excellence.
Which may bring so much light, as to dazzle up the World of Economy
To the brink of injuring the eyes.
And she cranes towards that dream, jostling through the Measly Maze of Competition.

But how far does the Light of Luminous Lasers spread its wings
Does it reach the homes of others, a victor in its reach?
Or is it merely a victor in its intensity?
An intensity that can injure the eyes by virtue of satiety?
Can it be thinned out to lighten up the lives
Of other Victorious Ones, on their Paths of Progress.

And how did it occur, to that Little One right there,
That such magic could be conjured with billion lives to spare.
How did she unlock the Gate of Generosity, by which, genially
The River of Regular Pursuits ferries one invitingly to the Bright Shore.

Look at the little one, braving the choice alone,
Was she ever so little when she decided against the Zealot's Zone?
And chose instead, the Altruist's Alcove, ever willing to impart
Knowledge, empathy, skills and all that the River of Pursuits would have adorned
With silver gems, taking them to new horizons.
Such are those qualities that the little one wished to share,
And so aspired to teach, taking her place as the oarsman of the River,
When she had not so much as had a ride across it,
But she could ferry others, surely, and eventually reach there too,
It was a longer, harder, more unpromising plan,
But she was ready to be what very few could.
A Teacher.

When did she decide to devote herself to the betterment of others?
How many Paths of Progress has she saved from disuse?
How many cruisers has she ferried across the River of Pursuits
While her own  boat stays moored at the Altruist's Alcove,
Waiting for the others to dock, and then meeting them at the opposite shore.

Dear Teacher, I wonder how you could
Possess such a Treasure Trove of qualities
That no other mortal could possess.
And choose to impart these with your pupils,
Sacrificing every selfish pang that may in seconds
Overcome any resolution to give.
But as you give to us children, you deserve to take with you,
All that you deserve- foremost, our utmost Respect.
You are blessed with altruism seldom seen,
We are blessed with learning seamless,
At your hands.
But I have a question, that's puzzled me forever,
How did these noble personages resolve
To choose their profession?
As little ones?
Or as young ones?
Or quite-old ones?
Whenever, it was a decision bold,
And we are ever so grateful to it. 

Altruism is an art, a skill that one should hone,
Giving more and taking less, considering whose concern to address.
Bake yourself a cake, and resist that vexing temptation,
To hold the larger chunk to yourself; there is no better way to start.
The challenge that the task poses, speaks for the art. 
But just as tiny steps wedge long distances some day to come,
Generosity knows no bounds- it aspires to become,
Selflessness, philanthropy, requital, one golden day, martyrdom.

And devotion to these causes is a true winner's asset,
We love you dear teachers, for your unflinching grit. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tree Says 'Hi'

  The tree says Hi! My balcony was briefly an arboretum. Windswept leaves splayed over the floor  Like champion specimens -parts of a fine species- Careening into a welcoming sanctum That is otherwise empty- save for clothes on stands Or people on feet. When this tree paid its timely visit Luckily, there was nothing, no-one. It probably seized A rare chance- when it was out of anchor, fit and fine, In form- and the tiled floor bare. No sign of occupation. It bore its way past the metal rails that serve to Prevent our falls, but here cushioned the tree's. It rested its somber branches easily on the rail, Which is mighty strong and sturdy, as I can now discern. It snooped its slender branches threateningly over A cauldron of leaves. Green cauldron, green sorcerer. When I woke, there it was, unshakeable, unmovable. Oh, it was mobile alright. It'd have moved of its own will. It was merely enjoying its soiree in a forbidden land, Like we all do. But it just stared at me, with compo...

Predictability Plays Spoilsport

"Comfort's journey from the familiar to the unpredictable..." In the age of AI, if you are an AI Engineer like I am, you would swear by predictability. It's indispensable. We will find patterns in your genetic tree. We'll find them even in your whim of a Gulab Jamun or Barfi. We'll try to connect dots that are distant by miles. Yet, I'm here to tell you that we cannot afford predictability today. Sounds crazy and totally contradictory right? But I can be weird.   I'm here to tell you about randomness. I want you to experience it too. Well, you're smart people, readers. I may not be as smart. You know why we can't enforce patterns.   Someone will read them. Someone will exploit them.  Someone will feed them to an AI (Tool) and figure out what to do with them. You see what I mean? I'm being random. Randomness is not entirely useless.  I want to be equally random. I am stupid, gullible, naive and I'm wandering... You can say that I can be ...

Clandestine

Sometimes we wait too long, To speak our minds. We let lingering truths linger, We let sporadic clocks, chime.. We allow patient seams to fritter away Like a sparrow does with the timber of the tune That she was shrouded by; shrill words tearing  Ears, each word she utters, careful, today. While the first day it was a free reign, until Some unctuous winds carried to her, criticism. Just the same way as copper utensils in a house Of steel, are anyone's delight, until bronzed,  With wear and use, both are the victims Of sundry needs and glances. Just the same way, some things, Are stowed away in careful pockets Because they have borne a lot of perusing When kept in the open.  Like love. Like hurt. Like envy. Like silence. Trust and truth are two things I can list, That are given, that are l'habitude. I tell the truth because it is, it exists, It is what I perceive, it is what I've lived.. And I keep your trust, because I've learnt That it'll help you keep mine, it wil...